The Bug is one of the most versatile additions the LaserPerformance family. Excellent hydrodynamics and outstanding upwind performance push the Bug into the future with ultimate off-the-breeze sailing. The unique hull is a combination of performance and style in a stable platform. Overall, it is a sailboat with superior downwind control.
- Extremely competent performance dinghy with windsurfer-like agility and quickness.
- Exceptional sailboat design by Jo Richards, especially for those looking to enhance their sailing skills and eventually compete.
- Stable and durable triple-layer polyethylene hull that does not compromise performance.
- Extendable aluminum carry handles slide from transom drain ports (optional upgrade).
- Optional integrated wheel makes the Bug a breeze to maneuver around the boat park.
The Bug comes with your choice of standard 3.8 m² Dacron sail mainsail, which allows for the perfect boat setup for training and learning. The Bug also offers a more advanced sail plan with the Bug Race version for bigger and more advanced young sailors.
For more information on the Laser Bug, see the Parts Locator, Rigging Guide and Bug Brochure.